Sunday, April 4, 2010

There is no fear in love

Helloo!! Okay, so this week as usual flew by! I swear we just had a p-day, but that is so good because once p-day comes it is realllly necessary. This week we had a lot of fun, and I have learned a lot. Before I get into that though CRAZIEST thing happened TODAY!!! My comp and I were walking out of the dressing rooms in the temple, and I was looking down but Hermana Whipple goes, "JENNY!?" haha it was Jenny Jackson, an old roommate from BYU-I. She had just gotten back from her mission 2 days after I got into the MTC, and my comp and I both know her! So we cried for a second, screamed a little, and then walked outside. It was SO good seeing her! She made us so excited to be on missions because she is just still so excited about the work. We took a ton of pictures and videos. It was probabaly the highlight of my week, if not month. I know mom was in Provo or something today, or yesterday for katie's wedding, so I thought maybe I would see someone; but I was NOT expecting Jenny!! So awesome!!

Okay, well so this week was packed. We had devotional on Tuesday from the Didier's and they were awesome! Elder Didier's wife spoke first, and she was German, I think. She was a convert to the church during WWII, and then she served a mission in France. She gave us a lot of good advice, I just really loved her talk. She told us that it is absolutely necessary for us to disturb people because of the importance of this message. It is so crazy how much you realize that here. Oh, something so sad this week, we had to say goodbye to the oldest district in our zone. It was all elders, and they were all my favorites. I miss them, but they were so amazing. They are all going to be such awesome missionaries. Now 2 of the elders in our zone are the zone leaders! ugh There are so many things I want to say in this email throughout the week, and then I forget once I get on this computer... frustrating.

Last week my comp and I signed up for a TE appointment for a progessing investogator. Which means you go and teach a teacher who is pretending to be an investigator, and you make follow-up appointments and teach on a regular basis (in spanish btw). So leading up to our appointment, which was last night, we had 2 practice appointments for help with other teachers so we could get feedback. Something I have realized that is SUCH a blessing is Spanish. We barely even know the vocab. for lesson one but because we are learning a new language, we get to teach it super simple, which is what they tell you to do anyways. I love Spanish and, even though its hard, I just want to be fluent. Before our lesson we said a prayer that we would be able to know what to say to help our investigator. So while we were teaching, I just started talking and it was amazing. I honestly could not tell you what I said, and I KNOW every verb I said was conjugated wrong, if it was even the right verb, but Heavenly Father was definitely helping us out on that one. It's not a real scenario, but the people that our teachers pretend to be are actual investigators they had in the field so it is very real to them. They care about these people very much still. There is a lot we forgot to do in the lesson, and I think she was a little bored, but we still taught the first lesson all in Spanish, and that is a little amazing.

So that is what our day was yesterday, and by the end of the day I was just exhausted, and I am SO excited for conference!! I told everyone we pretty much have a 3 day weekend because P-day on Friday, then Conference equals no class! We will still be studying non-stop though, but that is such a blessing, too. Because I need to catch up in my personal study! When we don't have anything to do, or are falling asleep the elders in our district like to play "ninja assassin"? They are hilarious! If anyone doesn't know what ninja assasin is, it is the funniest thing to watch. My comp and I set up chairs next to them and watch them play it forever. (We don't get a lot of free time but like 20 minutes here and there.) Today they asked us if we wanted some popcorn; it really is my entertainment, all of them are so funny.

Oh well, sorry I didn't write too much this week, I am just TIRED and excited for conference!!! I am SO gratfeul to be here right now. I know watching conference here will be so amazing, and I will hear things I wouldn't normally hear with outside distractions. Although we are not allowed to bring pillows or snacks :( that is verrrrrry sad to me and my district but that's okay. Oh, also something way cool is we had to fill out the census here! I was such a nerd about it, and I just think the census is so cool for some reason...like it's every ten years, and this time i was in the MTC. Ah, I have to go but I love and miss you all!!! If you haven't written me yet please do, I still don't have everyone's addresses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment