Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sat May 8,2010 CHILE!!!!!!

I am in Constitution, Chile! It is the city that has been most effected by the earthquake in our whole mission!!! Paige ( Sister Conley, who I got to see my first day here!!!! I was SOOOO happy!) says it is the besssst area. There is SOOOO much work to do! We are never not busy with something. So there are a TON of just destroyed houses and everything. We only have a few minutes to coordinate when we are going to call for Mothers Day, so this will be quick. I will be calling at 3:30ish our time, that is 12:30ish your time. Chile is crazy, well this city is. We are 6 hrs from Concepcion. I literally had the longest day of my life from Monday morning to Tuesday night. It was just one continuous travel day. I started working right away. It's cool. I am really really struggling with Spanish and my comp knew a little Spanish before she got to Chile, so she was never really this uncomfortable. She doesn't really know how to help me. Pray for me to have the gift of tongues. I am getting really impatient with myself but I tryyyyy to keep reminding myself that I have only been here for 4 days. I want to understnad SO much what these people are saying because I want to help them!!! Last night a lady was crying and I didn't know what she was saying. My comp was talking to her and all I could do was hug her and say "sentir mejor" haha, which is Spanglish but I hope she understood. Mom and Dad call me because we are going to be using a members phone and it costs too much money to call out. The number is 56-7-167-1344, that is including the country and city codes. We only get 55 minutes because it is such a tight schedule. Call 3:30 Conce time! This city is right on the ocean so it was hit pretty hard by the tsunami. There is mud and rubble everywhere, broken glass and nails. I love CHILE!! Everyone is so nice and invtes us into their homes. We never tract, we alllllways have names of people to find and visit so we are always busy teaching people willing to listen. Well, my comp teaches and I watch peoples body language and expressions to know when to smile and laugh or frown. I wait for my comp to look at me and tell me what to testify about. Haha...it's hard, and it makes me feel realllly inadequate but today we did a street contact and I taught about baptism and I felt good about it. OHH, I got rainboots so don't worry about that anymore! OK....I LOVE YOU, thank you! Talk to you soon! Oh...I tried my hot water bottle last night and it was amaaaaazing! There are fleas in our apartment and on every dog on the street, which are like 5040932 million dogs here and some are scary but some are really cute and it's hard for me not to want to pet and love all of them. I am just waiting to get fleas...I know it will be soon. It is getting colder and colder! Thanks mom for sending all that warm clothing, long underwear,socks,etc. I am already using it all!! LOVE YOU, BYEE

No comments:

Post a Comment