Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1 MONTH

May 31, 2010

1 MONTH!!! This week, I will have been in Chile for 1 month!! Went by way fast!! '

Well, we are in Talca today, which is a bigger city, for our zone activity. We were able to play soccer (which I guess is the first time we were allowed to play soccer in almost a year and a half so the elders were soooo excited they could barely stand it--like they've been talking about it every time we all get together). It was really fun to relax and laugh and play around for a while. We have to take a 2 hour bus ride to Talca at least once a week, but this week it's twice because tomorrow we have zone/district meeting. So we will be back on the bus in no time. I love the bus though because we get to sleep or study or do whatever. Usually just sleep though. The bus stops a million times for people to get on and off, and people always come on playing really loud music on their phones, but you kind of just sleep through it. My comp is way good at sleeping through it now, she's had a year on the mission, so when she falls asleep she's out. Like her head rolls around and everything, and she just is sound asleep.

This past week kind of seems like a blur, I don't really remember everything that happened. We had a ward activity at church, and it was a circus theme so each group had to do something. The obra missional had to do mimes. So that was interesting, especially because we don't have time to plan things like that, but it turned out fine. Other than that, this week was pretty much all the same.

I know there was something I wanted to write about but of course now that I am here I forgot. But the thing I love most about Chile, if I haven't already said this before, is the sky. The sky is so different here--every time of day is so dramatic. Like the sunrise and the sunset--ohhh, the sunsets are soooo pretty! Then at night there are so many stars and the sky is so clear. I love the sky here, especially in Conti. We have the best views I think (haha I havent really been anywhere else). Since we walk all over the place we know where the best views are, too. Sometimes I just stop and make my comp stand there for a little while and just look out at the city/ocean. It's beautiful.

Chile is great, the people are so great, loving, and just awesome. I woke up this morning with 8 flea bites on my left knee. Not really sure why its only on my left knee and no where else but its all good. The flea bites don't itch me, I got reeeally lucky with that. We still walk a ton and there are dogs everywhere thats probably where we get all our fleas. OH! I almost got bitten by a dog this week!! So dumb, we were knocking on someones door and there was a dog standing there and it just snapped at my hand!! Luckily, I was wearing a jacket so its mouth just kind of slid off but I still got really scared--my legs were shaking after that. Sometimes the dogs really scare me. Usually the scary ones that bark and growl are behind gates though, and the nice friendly ones are the ones on the streets.

The clean up from the earthquake is still going on but I heard that the government is only going to be helping out until the end of this month, so today? So I guess after today everyone is on their own or something. But they clean up lots really fast. The place across from the church was destroyed and falling over in crumbles on Wednesday and when we went to church on Sunday it was completely clear. The streets still have piles of rubble everywhere, and mud and glass everywhere. On top of that, they decided to trim all the trees because of the bugs or something so theres big piles of branches. It makes it realllly difficult to walk so we usually just walk in the streets and the cars get really close to us. Sometimes if we arent paying attention cars will drive by and splash us with the sewage water in the street it is SICKKKK. But I have learned to really pay attention since then. We felt a couple more earthquakes this week. Usually when they happen we dont feel them because we are walking, but when we are at home we feel them. Kind of crazy! Other than that it is getting colder!! It rained this week and I totally didn't know what to do. I hate my rain coat because its a construction man rain coat so its just huge and smells like rubber and I mailed my umbrella home because I liked it too much. haha I contemplated wearing a plastic bag over my head and calling it a day but in the end I just got over it and wore my huge raincoat. Pretty funny though, there's reflectors on it and everything. We have to go catch a bus back so I have to go, but I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment