Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I had faith that Heavenly Father was going to help me out"

SOOOOOO much to tell this week, I am literally SO stressed!! But SO GOOD!
Okay so first of all, remember me always talking about Natalie, the girl thats like my age and she is super cute and I consider her like a friend and I would just die of happiness if she got baptized? But we figured out that she didn't want to because her boyfriend was coming (the father of her child) and we thought that he had to live there? So we went this past Tuesday to teach both of them cause we thought he was ghoing to be there, and we get there and she said he was at his house! Perfect--we didn't even know he had a house here. So we sat down with her...it was awkward and quiet at first because Hna Egbert and I were nervous to find out what he said when she talked to him. Hna Egbert asked her how she and he were doing and she said good. And then I didn't want to wait anymore so I just asked her if she talked to him about baptism and how it went. And she goes...it went good I want to get baptized...............................................WE DIED. It was hilarious, because we were both in shock that she said that so it took us a while to react but when I realized what she said, we both threw our hands up in the air and screamed!! SO SOO SO SO happy NATALIE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!

Remember the family I was talking about that is amazing and when we teach them something they just change? Well, I was so nervous to teach the law of chastity because I knew they are not married and my companion was in the house for reposo for her foot so we had to do mini-cambios. I had faith that Heavenly Father was going to help me out. Anyways, I told you that it was bad last week because the dad got drunk and smoked and stuff, and he has never had problems with that before. We told them that it is just Satan working so hard on them because they are progressing and this is a huge step to progress to baptism. So we asked them to talk to each other when we left and they didn't. So we went back the next day and Susanna was just so so so hurt and sad and crying and she said that she was going to leave him on Friday after her kids got out of school. She was going to move to Talca. That's like the last thing she needed to do, so we immediately called the Elders to come down and do an interview the next day. We needed a miracle. So we fasted and prayed HARD and Elder Irigoyen interviewed the dad and Elder Echeverria interviewed the mom Susanna. The one with Elder Irigoyen and the dad ended first and they came out of the room and he said he was going to propose!!!!!!!!! Oh man, we died again. So then the other interview finishes and we all go out into the family room. Elder Irigoyen says to the dad (Mauro) Mauro... do you have somethng you want to ask Susanna? And he turned to her and asked her for her hand in marriage, and she said NO! So all us 4 missionaries in the room all just wanted to cry, but Susanna was so hurt. He can't just not talk to her for a week and then propose. So the Elders (this is why Elders are so awesome) promised them with their authority that if they sat and talked and then prayed together as a couple that God would help them. After that we left.

Fast forward to the next day...Hna Egbert and I went to their house first thing the next day and Mauro opened the door and he goes, "Susanna left me, she is in Talca." OH MY GOSH my heart sank. Then he goes... haha just kidding, she's sleeping. RUDE, HUH? Our hearts were on a rollercoaster this week. So we went to her bedroom and sat on her and woke her up and it was like the same thing again. Awkward and quiet in the beginning but we knew something good happened because she was still there and he was there and he was smiling. We just kept asking what happened and they weren't answering. FINALLY Susanna goes, so when are you going to accompany me to the seville? YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY The seville is where we have to go to marry someone legally. We asked them what happened after we left, and they said that they fought and yelled at each other, but then sat down and talked and then PRAYED on their knees together, and after the prayer they were happy. Then their son got sick because he had a nervous stomach because of the fighting and so they knelt AS A FAMILY and prayed, and after the prayer he was better and they were all happy, and she said they watched a movie and cuddled. Oh my gosh, I am soooooo happy.

SO next trial: getting an hour at the seville for them to get married. They want Hna Egbert and I to be their testigos at the wedding (how cute is that?) so we have to do it before cambios just in case we're not together. But Susanna said that last time she went 2 weeks ago to ask about it, they only had one hour left for the whole month of July. We prayed again and we went this morning with Susanna to the government place to get an hour, and there's an hour for this Saturday at 7:30. Do you think God wants them to get married? I do. DUH. SO THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!! Then the next day, getting baptized!! Pretty amazing, huh? That's why we are SUPER stressed. We have to plan a legit wedding in like 5 days at the church. They want the Elders to be there, too, and then to baptize them the next day. So cute. We went and had lunch with Susanna afterward today and she is just so amazing. We talked about the temple and how that is their goal now to be sealed as a family. I told her that if they do that a year from when they get baptized, I will be able to go with them on my way home!

But yes, that is this past week. SO much more happened but it's just so much. I am sorry if it doesn't make any sense already! Oh yeah, and to add to our stress, our Zone Leader Elder Irigoyen calls us and he told us that he and his companion prayed about it and they want us to baptise all our investigators this month!! We have 9 progressing investigators. So that just adds to our stress times a millllion. But it's GOOD stress--kind of.

OH the earthquakes...they were crazy. Nothing fell and they only last for a few seconds. It's crazy though--it starts shaking and then it stops and then it starts again, but more strong. But everyone is fine. Nothing happens although everyone freaks out. We think they're kind of fun. Okay, I LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment