Monday, October 25, 2010

New Sector

Okay so my new sector is called San Javier. My new comp is Hna. Jarrett. She was Hna. Conley's companion in the MTC. My sector is pretty much all flat which is a huge difference from Conti, but the hard thing is that there is wayyy less public transportation. Its a cuuuute little town though it reminds me of a little city in Utah or something. It has all these little creeks and rivers flowing through it, and there are little white floaty things in the air all the time. Its verry tranquila and quiet, which is kind of weird to me, I am not used to it at all.

Listen to this though... in our little town of San Javier there are over 800 members and guess what the asistencia was at church... 42!! There was 2 kids in Primary, 2 kids in YM/YW and like 7 ladies in Relief Society. Crrrrazy, huh? We're working on that, kind of seems like climbing up a down escalator, too.

This past Sunday the Obra Misional was in charge of Sacrament meeting. (its a tradition they do here, every 3rd Sunday of the month, us missionaries are in charge of the minuto for Sacrament meeting, which i secretly hate because it's so stressful and we always forget). Anyways, so we forgot this time too so we were scrambling trying to find people to do stuff for us and we got a musical number all ready and everything. But I still had to get up and give a little talk. I figured I would since I had to get up to bear my testimony anyways to be welcomed into the branch. It was fine though i just shared like 2 scriptures and talked about them. I am not sure if my Spanish made any sense but I was actually fine up there talking. I KNOW, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!? I think it was because it was more last minute and I had less time to freak out about it.

So yesterday we had 3 baptisms!!! SOOO cute. They were 3 boys that we found last time I was here visiting a couple weeks ago and I fell in love with them and just knew they were going to get baptized too. I thought it was going to happen while I was gone but I am happy it turned out to be yesterday! One is Diego, and he is 11 and his mom has been inactive for years but we found her at the baptism of her sister (Cecilia), who is the mom of the other 2 boys. Literal miracle with this family, I am not going to go into detail but it is very tender. Anyways. these boys all remind me of Connor and every time we hang out with them it makes me miss Connor. I guess by hang out with them I mean teach them, but it's a lot more fun. The other 2 are Nicolas and Rodrigo. Nicolas is the one that reminds me of Connor the most; he is hilarious! He wants to serve a mission, too. But now their families are coming back to church and it is just so beautiful. It's really crazy sometimes as missionaries... I always think about this.... How we see miracles ALL the time but to these people... the miracle that we see is the one that changes their life and their futures. You know what I mean? I try not to take any of them for granted.

Anyways our branch here meets in a house that they are renting out. It's pretty cute but kind of weird for me at the same time. Just reminds you that the church is the same wherever you go and it doesn't matter where you meet. My last sector we met in a school, so a house won't be that much of a change.

Oh yes, it is getting MUCH hotter. VERY hot in fact... my face is burning right now cause we just played volleyball as a zone. Oh my new zone is called Talca so I still have to travel to Talca every week but the bus ride is only like 30 minutes compared to 2 hours. I haven't decided if I am sad or happy about that yet. But I have a horrendous shoe tan already, mostly because the shoes I wear ARE horrendous. Anyways I love you all very very much hope everyone is happy healthy and reading their scriptures!

Love, Hna. McCombs

No comments:

Post a Comment