Monday, October 11, 2010

"Wait, I'm not supposed to be baptized yet!"



We have a zone activity today that we were in charge of and we spent forever last night after we got home from working like preparing everything for it, and we went hiking and went to the beach and it took us forever to get the fire lit, and then as soon as it was finally ready to start cooking we realized we forgot all the meat in the fridge!! NEVER planning a zone activity again, terrible. I will leave that up to the zone leaders from now on.

Anyways, we had a baptism yesterday!!! His name is Diego and he is SOOOOO cute. The most tender child you've ever seen in your life, I swear. Everyone wanted pictures with him. His baptismal clothes were wayyyy too big and when he got in the font the water was too high for him and he goes, "Wait, I'm not supposed to be baptized yet!" Oh my gosh, he is so cute. He reads the Book of Mormon every day and highlights it and everything. He is so smart; he taught both his parents how to read and ps--he is only 10 years old. God has something so legit planned for this child; he is SO tender. You'll see, I will send a picture. We went to a fair in the plaza with him, and he bought me and my comp flowers for our hair and a "surprise." haha That's one of my favorite things here in Chile, they sell "suprises" in the ferias. They're just little bags with little junk in them, and they are 100 pesos and you never know what you're going to get! So funny, I love Chile.

SO as you know I am back in Conti but not for long. There's probably like a 100 percent chance that I am leaving, but I keep telling people not to talk about it. It's just better if people dont know and make it a big deal, and I can't just go around individually and say bye to people. Sucks, but it's okay. A new sector will be good. WEIRD it will be my second sector, and i will be taking my 9 month picture there. 9 month picture is like a tradition for hermanas because we all have little bellies at 9 months. So Megan--you and me!! haha But anyways yes, so next week, I will write on here and tell you where I will be. Most likely will be Linares (Hna. Conley's first sector) or San Carlos, which I heard hermanas just love it there. It's all the same to me kind of; I have really learned with the mini-cambios I have done that it doesn't matter where I am, I fall in love with the people anyways. I want to go to Santa Sabina and be companions with Hna. Conley, but I doubt it cause Pres wants me to be in a flat place to give my foot a little more rest. My foot..... it is fine, better and better. So still thank you for all your prayers, I don't think I will ever have so many people praying for me again in my life. I love you all, please be healthy and happy and read the scriptures and go to church! :) Love you all
Love Hna McCombs


1 comment: