Monday, January 17, 2011

Feliz Año Nuevo!



I am not really sure when the last time was that I wrote for this blog. I think its been a while. Anyways, these past couple weeks have been pretty hectic. We had 3 baptisms before the end of the year and right after we had 2 more.

Yesterday a lady named Carmen got baptized and I LOVE HER!!! She is sooo awesome. She has been waiting for a while to get baptized, too, because she had to get married. We worked hard with her so that she would talk to her pareja long enough to say yes. I guess he is very quiet and probably a little scared. But we fasted with her, and she fasted on her own and one day he just said yes! And he gave her a date that they could do it and that date was this past week. So they got married on Wednesday and she was baptized yesterday. The thing with baptisms that will never stop stressing me out is that no matter how ready you are and how organized you are something goes wrong. SATAN. Hate. For example... yesterday. My companion and I went to the church an hour early because I didnt want ANYTHING to go wrong this time. I wanted everything ready and set for when she got there. But then...the church door wouldn't open. How dumb is that??? I seriously just sat there and was thinking, "Are you kidding me?? NO! She is getting baptized today even if we have to break the door down." We were there for an hour and a half and more and more people were arriving and taking turns trying to help. Even Carmen got in on it and I think she even kicked the door. She is so funny. Anyways, I finally called the Elders and just told them I didn't know what to do and there was no way for us to get into the church. Then it occurred to us that one of the memebrs in the branch has a pool! So I called them really fast and they said yes and we all walked over to their house. It was actually such a pretty baptism. Carmen was so happy, I would send a pic but my memory card doesnt work at the cyber I am at. It was so pretty; the weather was not too hot because, for some reason, out of nowhere it had rained the night before. They live kind of secluded from the world, too, and their house is in the middle of some fields and surrounded by all these big trees. So it was just so quiet and you could just hear the sound of the wind in the trees. It was a very very beautiful baptism. But again afterwards I just wanted to pass out on the floor. But after that we went straight to another appointment we had allll the way on the other side of town, still walking with the bag of wet baptismal clothes.

Anyways I have to tell you about my new companion because she is so legit! Her name is Hermana Da Luz which in Spanish means.. gives light. She got baptized 2 years ago. I dont even need to explain more because that just shows how legit she is. She is from Argentina and she is really really great. We get along really well and I know we are going to have lots of fun together. She is trying to learn English to pass some tests for BYU, so I am going to be helping her with that a lot. She will help me with my Spanish too so YAY!

Anyways...yes, we will be working really really hard on finding more people now because all the people we were really focusing on just got baptized. But other than that we are still just working here in San Javier, the work will never stop ever ever ever ever. There's a lot to do always. I don't think I have even been so tired on the mission as I have been these past 2 weeks. But it's a good exhausted and someday in the future I will be able to sleep past 7 again, but for now we eat, drink, and sleep missionary work. Love it. Love Chile. Love you all. CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment