Monday, June 21, 2010

I love Chile!

June 22, 2010

MUNDIAL-
Okay A LOT has happened this week!! First of all I got a new companion and I lovvvve her. She is so great. She was Hermana Conley's companion right before so we already knew a lot about each other. She is my step mom in the mission because training is for 2 cambios, but my trainer got transferred. My trainer is now Hna Conleys comp so we just switched! Crazy... But yeah her name is Hna Egbert and shes from Rancho Cucamonga, CA and she studied fashion for a year and a half in Italy after high school, so she has the cutest clothes and she loves to SHOP! It's perfect. She has a little over a year on her mission so Conti is her last area. She is so lucky, because Conti is the best sector, everyone wants to come to Conti, and its the best place to finish because its so easy to lose weight if you really tried. There's milllllions of stairs and hills.

Also, I told you about the Mundial (World Cup). It is SO fun! I love being here while it's crazy like this. We came to Talca today to go shopping--I needed sweaters and hopefully will find boots and we dont really have a lot in Conti. But we totally forgot Chile was playing in the World Cup this morning so it has literally been on EVERY tv screen, every radio, in every taxi, everyone's cell phones.... and THEY WONNNN!!! They won like 2 hours ago and people are still out in the streets celebrating. They will probably be celebrating all night, I love it. I need to buy some Chile Mundial gear.

We had a baptism yesterday!! Barbara, she is 12 and she is so cute, I LOVE her family. They are the best family ever!! We took a lot of pics and made the day really special for her, and the fathers that came, too. She had a lot of extended family come that weren't members all to support her. Very cute, everyone was really happy. Our ward members are really amazing, too, with making people feel welcomed and loved so it really was a great day. Good week!! A little hard for me because since my companion is coming from Linares she doesn't know Conti, so I am supposed to know the area and where everything is and who we need to visit, when, and all that. Which is hard because I dont know ANY of that. Oh well, everything is okay now. But I have to go I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment